The TDC (Top Down Centre) Trolley Converter is designed for the Prowin Hop-up Series to function perfectly for R-Hop and Flat-hop setups using a trolley system that applies hop perfectly downwards for the most consistent pressure distributed onto the BB. As a result, more accuracy over longer distances.
The longer patch would achieve an improvement in accuracy and consistency from shot to shot, typically for sniper DMR builds.
The idea spawned originally from the TDC trolleys found on Maxx Hop-up chambers to give achieve a perfect top-down force against the hop-up nubs. We designed this converter to be fitted onto the current chamber to function in the same way. Please note modifications to the outer barrel are required for this upgrade to function/fit. The modification will not affect the performance or function of the outer barrel - full instructions on what to modify are found in the instruction manual to download.
There are 4 parts that come with the converter package.
1. The main bracket: This fits inside the chamber and acts as a guide to move the trolley up and down. It is designed to restrict the movement of any other axial directions apart from the apart vertical axis.
2. The trolley is fitted inside of the bracket and can only move up and down the vertical axis controlled by the bracket while using the walls of the original chamber to prevent the trolley from swaying left and right.
3. The M-nub ensures an evenly distributed force is applied onto the bucking down to the RHOP patch. This in turn ensures the patch can maximize its appliance on the BB for the most stable and uniform spin for the much desired R-hop performance. This is stuck onto the trolley via a strong 3M sticker.
4. Lastly the modified arm is used to apply the desired force onto the trolley and then the R-HOP patch.
Once installed you can obtain the fully functional TDC hop alongside the advantages of keeping the original hop-up unit designed for the gun which can prevent situations like misfeeding or double feeding.
Please note that this kit will require modification to the outer barrel of your airsoft replica, however, is straightforward. Full instructions on how to modify will be included in the instruction manual to download.
The full installation manual will be provided below to download, please follow all steps to ensure you install it correctly.
- M4/ M16 AEG variants of AEG airsoft replicas x Prowin Hop-up chamber.
Recommended Hop-up type
- R-HOP (Elvish, Psionic, Silent Sniper)
- Maple Leaf MR Hop buckings/ Super Macaron/ Super Silicone
1. Is this difficult to install?
We recommend that you have some experience with R-hop builds before attempting and please download the instruction/ Installation manual before installing. Consult a gun tech for help if needed or contact us for any help.
2. Do I need an R-HOP patch?
Yes, you do or Flat-hop. There are many brands of R-hop in the market, much like Psionic, and Silent sniper that is easily available in the market as a drop-in patch. Alternatively, there are bucking available from companies like Maple Leaf with their macaroon buckings that perform much like a standard R-HOP does.
3. Should I upgrade my inner barrel?
It's not necessary as stock barrels are pretty good quality these days and could still function well with the R-HOP builds.
4. How do you remove the bracket?
It is possible, but not recommended once it is glued into place to prevent further deviations of the setup in the future. It is possible to still service your hop-up chamber and its components for cleaning without removing the TDC converter bracket.
5. Can it work on another hop-up chamber?
No. This is designed specifically for the VFC series and Sig Sauer MCX Virtus. We have other brackets for Krytac, Prowin, Tokyo Marui NGRS, ICS, and KWA TK45.
6. What bucking would be the best?
The stock Tokyo Marui ones are good, but other brands like Prometheus and Modify brands have boundless buckings (without the bump inside) which are required for R-HOP builds.
7. Will this work for Flat-hop?
Yes, it will, and for G-hop too. There are plenty of videos of how-to and what you need for this setup. Once you have this in place, you will notice a huge difference in performance and accuracy.
8. How far can R-HOP travel?
For a 1J setup and the right settings, 60-70m using 0.28g BB
*Please note the VFC hop-up chamber is not included - this is a specific TDC upgrade made FOR the existing VFC Chamber*
For a simple step-by-step installation guide click on the PDF file below.
We ship fast - usually same-day if you order before 4 pm Monday - Friday. A tracking # will be emailed to you once it leaves our facility. We work hard to ensure fast and prompt service with your order. Please note that orders placed online over the weekend will ship first thing on Monday. We provide free insurance coverage for all orders worldwide.